The JE Dunn + Hoefer Welker Integrated Design-Build team was awarded the new 80,000 SF Lackland Reid Clinic located at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. This new clinic will reflect the mission of the 59th MDW, which is to optimize readiness and patient-centered care through collaborative health delivery, education, training, and research.
The vision of the Reid Clinic is based on Evidence-Based Design (EBD) principles. EBD uses the scientific method – presents a hypothesis, tests it in various ways, reports the results – to rigorously study the ways in which individual elements of the built environment affect patients, the facility staff, and resource utilization in healthcare delivery. The clinic will enhance the delivery of care for patients while supporting staff efficiency in a physical environment that promotes quality healthcare. The vision for this clinic design and construction is to:
- Create a Patient Centered Environment
- Improve the Quality and Safety of Healthcare
- Create a positive work environment
- Design for Maximum Standardization, future flexibility and growth
- Design to incorporate “green” environmentally friendly aspects and to minimize the energy consumption footprint
- Design with concern for life-cycle costs