Hoefer Welker Architects was featured in the November 12-16, 2010 edition of the Kansas City Business Journal along with JE Dunn Construction. The article discusses the success of the JE Dunn+HWA National Healthcare Design-Build Team in securing $120 million in federal contracts. In 2008, the JE Dunn+HWA Team was one of three teams selected for the Multiple Award Task Order Contract (MATOC) for Construction and Design Build for the U.S. Air Force Medical Service, U.S. Army Medical Command, and other departments of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Through this MATOC program, our team has been awarded 5 of the 12 projects that have been released. This MATOC has $720 million available in funding through the 2014 expiration date, and our team has secured nearly 50% of the $250 million in work released to date. These projects include the Ehrling Berquist Medical/Dental Clinic at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska, the 436th Medical Group Clinic at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware, and at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas, the MacKown Dental Clinic, the Ambulatory Care Center and Central Energy Plant, and the Ambulatory Care Center Parking Garage.
- Hoefer Welker designs Midwest Transplant Network’s new state-of-the-art procurement facility
- HCD Rising Star: Brian Henks
- Elevating Technical & Trade Higher Education Experiences Through Design
- Why Did You Choose a Career in Architecture?
- Advancing The Architecture Industry Through Diversity & Mentorship