Hoefer Welker Architects’ Birthing Center project located at Shawnee Mission Medical Center was featured in the KCBJ on January 21, 2011. HWA was chosen to reinvent how women’s services are delivered, after a long and successful relationship with SMMC and a track record of exceptional design. Although Shawnee Mission Medical Center has long been at the forefront of women’s needs, the advancement of their facilities will allow them to reinvent their services and provide a warm and hospitable experience, with little-to-no trace of the way clinical healthcare had been provided in the past. Working from the recently completed master plan, HWA worked with the hospital towards the decision to stay with the present operation model. The addition and renovation will include 26 new labor and delivery rooms, 41 post-partum rooms and 25 neonatal intensive-care unit rooms. For the full article, click here.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony Kicks Off Construction for $53M Mental Health Hospital in Kansas
- Kansas City’s Interior Design Firms Ranked by Local Licensed Interior Designers, 2023
- Kansas City’s Architecture Firms Ranked by Local licensed architects, 2023
- Smashing DE&I Barriers in AEC
- City of Branson Mo., breaks ground on new Fire Station #4